My experience as an Acting Coach is based mainly on the work of Method Acting, which I learned during my studies at the Lee Strasberg Institute in New York and during my long-term cooperation with Robert Castle of International Theatre New York (an outstanding actor, director and acting teacher), whose workshops in Poland I have been organizing since 2011 and whom I have been assisting for years. I am one of the few people in the world to have received permission from him to teach his technique.
I teach at the Theater Academy in Warsaw at the Acting Department (including classes in The Market of the Actor’s Work), where I received my Doctor of Arts degree in Theater Arts under the supervision of my supervisor Prof. Jaroslaw Gajewski, whom I assisted at the time. Before that, I assisted Prof. Maja Komorowska in working with students and directing her graduation performance. I also work with the Warsaw Film School teaching classes at the Acting Department (classes I teach include Acting in English, Interpersonal Communication) and the Warsaw Acting Studio.
As a casting director, I have worked with producers such as Kadr Film Studio, East Studio, Shipsboy, TVN.
I can also teach all classes in English.
METHOD ACTING is an approach to acting based on emotional and sensory memory exercises and relaxation exercises. It trains the actor’s imagination, senses and emotions. It teaches actors to use their own experiences, feelings, emotions and truths, and make them into a unity with the inner psychological life of the characters they play. The aim of the workshop is to introduce the basics of Method Acting, the basis of which is the Lee Strasberg Method derived from the Stanislavski system.
Method Acting is based on the actor’s intensive emotional work. Exercises involving Sense Memory, the way of Relaxation and the use of Improvisation are an extremely helpful introduction to the proper work of every actor. Through the senses, they activate the imagination and the subconscious thus giving the tools to build a role, discover and explore the world of a character, as well as the ability to relax and prepare to go on stage or in front of the camera.
The classes are, on the one hand, a kind of acting training useful at any stage of professional development, and on the other hand, they give tools to be used in the actor’s own work on a role and building a character and his or her world. They are the basis for the “homework” that every actor should do in order to be an independent creator and partner for the director , and not just a passive reproducer of his vision. They are also meant to give a sense of security in situations where the director leaves us alone to work on the role and the character.
INDIVIDUAL ACTING COACHING
- preparing for the role,
- building characters and character world,
- work on film and television sets, in the theater.
- preparing for castings, online castings and self tape
- help in recording self tape (coaching, partnering, studio)
- classes preparing for exams for acting universities.
- 2020 – I conducted Acting Workshops at the Senior Center in Wrocław
- 2019 – I conducted Method Acting workshops at the Pomeranian Dukes’ Castle in Szczecin.
- 2018 – I conducted Method Acting workshops with actors of the J.H. Andersen Theatre in Lublin
- 2018 – I conducted Acting Workshops with the theatre group of people with intellectual disabilities Teatroterapia Lubelska.
- 2017,2018 – I conducted Acting Workshops introducing Method Acting in cooperation with Drama Point and W-arte
- 2017 – I conducted weekly Method Acting classes at Drama Point in Warsaw
- 2017 – I conducted Method Acting training meetings in the Experimental Space at the Rampa Theatre in Warsaw
- 2016, 2017 – I led the Stage Express Workshops during the 24th and 25th Presentations of Children and Youth with Special Needs in Lubsko
- 2016 – I conducted Acting Workshops introducing Method Acting at the Aleksander Sewruk Post-Secondary Acting School at the Stefan Jaracz Theatre in Olsztyn
- 2015 – I assisted Prof. Maja Komorowska in conducting Acting Workshops with students of the diploma year of the Aleksander Sewruk Acting School in Olsztyn.
- 2013 – together with Agnieszka Sztuk and Jędrzej Bączyk I conducted Acting Workshops with members of the Top Career Toastmasters speaker club in Warsaw.
- 2013 – I conducted Acting Workshops at the Slot Art Festival in Lubiąż near Wrocław.
- 2012/2013 – I conducted introductory workshops to the Lee Strasberg Method in the Acting Studio at the Baza Theatre in Warsaw.
- 2010/2011 – I conducted introductory workshops to the Lee Strasberg Method and improvisation workshops with second-year students of the Acting Department of the Theatre Academy in Warsaw.
- 2010 – I assisted Prof. Jarosław Gajewski in conducting Acting Workshops during the International Festival of Art Schools “Events” in Tczew.
- what is casting
- what the casting process looks like from the production side
- types of casting
- business card recording rules
- How to prepare for casting (mentally and physically)
- Text preparation (practical tools for working with text before casting)
- principles of self tape recording
- preparation of the equipment
Each participant is asked to prepare one finished self tape recording (monologue or scene) and/or a text to be recorded during the class (monologue or scene) and/or gets a sample text and brief from me beforehand
The practical part:
- workshop simulation of casting in a studio
- joint discussion of the selfie recordings prepared by the participants.
- workshop rehearsal of self-tape recordings by participants during the class and joint discussion of the results of our work.
In 2011 I started my cooperation with the Theatre Academy in Warsaw, where at first I assisted Professor Maja Komorowska during her classes at the Acting Department.
In February 2014, the Collegium Nobilium Theatre hosted the premiere of my graduation play based on Fyodor Dostoyevsky’s “The Idiot” and “The Brothers Karamazov” entitled. “Sketches from Dostoevsky” directed by Professor Maja Komorowska, for which I was assistant director and co-author of the adaptation.
Since 2014, I have been assisting Professor Jarosław Gajewski in his classes at the Acting Department of the Theatre Academy. He is also the supervisor of my Doctoral Thesis, which I defended in 2016, obtaining the degree of Doctor of Arts in Theatre Arts.
Since 2017, I have been teaching at the Acting Department of the Theatre Academy in Warsaw and at the Warsaw Film School in the New Media Acting Department (e.g. Actor’s Work Market, Acting in English, Interpersonal Communication).
From 2019, I also teach at the Warsaw Acting Studio
In 2012, as part of the Academic Circle of the Acting Department of the Theatre Academy in Warsaw, I also prepared a project with students, with Hanna Stankówna and Mariusz Wojciechowski as guest actors. It is a performance based on a text by R.Lenkiewicz ‘Nocną Porą’, with film scenes directed by Jędrzej Bączyk .